So sad that summer is winding down. But, that means more time to get back to reading and reviewing! New reviews coming soon, so please check back :)

New Releases

About Me

Amy *Moonspells and Magic*
Michigan, United States
Hi! I'm Amy. I live in Michigan and I read as much as I can. Paranormal, urban fantasy, YA dark fantasy, almost anything with a werewolf. You can learn more by checking out my "about me" page.
View my complete profile

Contact me here...

Follow me...

Grab my button...

Moonspells and Magic

Giveaways

Coming soon...

Right Now I'm Reading:

Books I really, really want!

Wander my favorite blogs.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, June 18, 2011

Where is my TBR?

Hello Friends! 
I hope this lovely Saturday morning is finding you all happy, healthy and reading to your hearts content!

Today I want to talk a little bit about my "to be read" pile and yours.  I have a revelation and some questions.  I have been doing a lot of blog hopping lately.  I've been meeting really nice people and seeing some fabulous blogs that I really love.  There are a ton of great memes out there and I want to do them ALL!  If only I wasn't an adult who has to work full time.  Being a grown-up stinks :)

As I visit all of your blogs, among the things we all have in common the one that I notice the most is all of your TBR piles.  OMG, they are huge and full of so many books that I would love to read as well.  Sooooo, my TBR is non-existent.  I have zero books in this house that I have not read.  Shocking, I know right?  About 6 months ago, I had books coming out my ears that I had borrowed from a co-worker.  I burned through them like there was no tomorrow.  Now I feel like it is a chore to find something to read.  I have withdrawals.  Bad.  We have a pretty good size library here and nothing.  The last three times I have been there, I haven't found anything I wanted and if I did, there was a waiting list with numerous patrons already listed.  Ack.  I also can't be spending money on the hundreds of books I want to read.  It's just not there in my budget.  I have exhausted my co-workers stash of reads and am at a loss.  When I first decided that I wanted to start my blog I was reading every day.  Now I'm struggling to find something good, that peaks my interest and doesn't cost me ten bucks.  It's very sad.

That brings me to the question part of this post.  Where the heck do all of your books come from??  How do I get my mitts on piles of books that I can get lost in?  What is the best way for me to get a TBR pile that is worthy of the blogoshere?  What are some really good review sites that I could enquire about?   I look forward to your ideas, advice and am ready to welcome a miriad of books into my home. 

0 Let's talk about it, comments are awesome!: