So sad that summer is winding down. But, that means more time to get back to reading and reviewing! New reviews coming soon, so please check back :)

New Releases

About Me

Amy *Moonspells and Magic*
Michigan, United States
Hi! I'm Amy. I live in Michigan and I read as much as I can. Paranormal, urban fantasy, YA dark fantasy, almost anything with a werewolf. You can learn more by checking out my "about me" page.
View my complete profile

Contact me here...

Follow me...

Grab my button...

Moonspells and Magic

Giveaways

Coming soon...

Right Now I'm Reading:

Books I really, really want!

Wander my favorite blogs.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, May 30, 2011

Book Review: Saying Goodbye to the Sun by David McAfee

Good news!  This is my first book review.  First off, I want to let you know that I am not a writer.  I just love to read.  With that said, hopefully you will find this review and all future reviews helpful in choosing great books to read.  Next, I just realized that I haven’t set up a rating system yet.  So for now I’ll just tell you my thoughts on what was good, what was not and if you should take this book for a spin yourself.  So here we go……
I was a little worried when I first started this book.  The first couple of pages didn’t draw me in.  There wasn’t much going on but I’m glad I stuck it out.  It didn’t take very long for the action to start.  There were quite a few good action sequences and they were pretty close together.  Though not the best book I’ve ever read, it kept pulling me in and I had to keep reading.   The characters were good and there was a sense of Vincent’s personality.  I felt like I got to know him, however his emotions were a little lacking.  I didn’t get attached like I should have been.  I also felt like the big ending was not so big.  I was waiting for more and it didn’t come.  However, the storyline was a great concept.  That was what ultimately kept me reading.  So, was this book worth my time?  Yes.  Was it spectacular?  No.  Do I recommend you read it?  Yes.  I wouldn’t pay full retail for it, I would borrow it first and right now you can get it at amazon in the kindle e-book section for free.  So on a scale of 1 to 5, I would give this book a 3.5.

0 Let's talk about it, comments are awesome!: